Day 4: August 3

Day 4: Tech Day and more!

Today was GREAT! We woke up bright and early and met for breakfast at 7 AM. I ate 3 fried eggs, toast, yogurt, and granola, and made myself a large latte. After breakfast, we went back into our rooms and put on our costumes for Tech. I was nearly knocked out by the noxious fumes that my costume produced when I opened the bag. It was a lovely way to start my morning. After we were all dressed, we walked through campus to get to the bus. On the way, we received loads of stares and compliments on our costumes which was quite the confidence booster. We then drove to Tech, and we met the tech crew who is helping us with our show. Personally, I found tech a little stressful, but that was expected. We lit our show, went through AHSTF protocols, and practiced with the new theater space. 



After we finished tech which was only around 2 hours, we went back to campus to rest a little and eat lunch. For lunch, I had honeycomb cake, brownies, deep-fried mashed potatoes, diet coke, and a small sip of water. Nutrition is key on this trip! After lunch, we walked downtown for the walking tour of Edinburgh where we explored a… cemetery. Ok, I know that sounds drab, but it was surprisingly cool! We saw graves that supposedly inspired some of the names in Harry Potter — think McGonagall and Tom Riddell. No seriously, one grave was actually for a man named Thomas Riddell. We also saw a street that looked exactly like Diagon Alley from Harry Potter. The street was decorated with multicolored flags and was filled with people from all over the world coming to see the festival! 





After our tour, we walked home. While walking home, we found a Tesco. At this point, finding a Tesco was like finding the holy grail. In all honesty, I had not showered in three days, mainly because I did not have shampoo and conditioner but also because I was simply too lazy. After getting shampoo and conditioner, we all went back to our dorms where I took the mustiest yet most rejuvenating shower of my life. 

We then went back downtown where we had free time to explore and then got dinner as a group. I had such a great time exploring downtown. I got a big cone of ice cream, and Amay, Charlie, and I found a great place to sit and talk. We all enjoyed our ice cream and talked about how much fun we were having on the trip. For dinner, we went to Bertie’s, a fish and chips restaurant. I ordered sausages and sweet potato fries, and then we got ice cream afterward (round two for me). We then came back to our dorms, and now I am writing this post. All in all, this day was a 10/10. Looking forward to tomorrow!!

- Uma




Comments

  1. Thank you for your updates!
    You guys/gals are very missed, loved, and supported!
    Making beautiful memories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7: August 6 - Performance #2

Day 12: August 11 - Last Day!

Day 9: August 8 - Final Performance!